Friday, February 01, 2008

out of the air

afraid in the beginning, like it was
the beginning, churning and looking
through close eyes for the bird of you

and soft through the crowd you rose
to the floor and my eyes soothed my
heart from flutter to wings in full

how to touch what was lost found
lost again and again and found
free again to the rhythm of wings?

how do I hold the cold close to me
walking back without you, without
your heat and your wings unfolding?

I would for you make folds in the gather
of clouds above me to feel you once
again inside the embrace of my breath

foolish with Spring bursting into flight
your body awash with the last notes
ringing inside you, your gentle heart

settled in the arms of my branches
your head cradled and your rhythm
slowing from the surge of soaring

No comments: