Saturday, December 29, 2018

Little Stone Angels


Is this light or some other illumination
I see burning off the edges of the roof
I want to see as some sort of angel
with a stern face looking through me
turning across the sky like an odd bird?

In each breath I feel both full and empty
looking for the end of the line despite myself
where the one end is all I did as someone else
and the one in hand is my own doing only me
where did I think I was going all this time?

It is not hard to find me everywhere you look
through my eyes I see the whole world
and even the feeling you have where you are not
me but only you is intimately assuring
to the ribbon of living washing this morning

into the all of us alive at the same time song
where you play your tune at once alone
and low in the unknown through it all we
each take our turn at tuning out the rest
so in the deepest quiet of our little fire

is a nest of woven notes aglow we ignore
holding us aloft for a few moments more
to look out at the whole of it to know we
are this one thing alone only once again
offering the sleeping angel our last home


-


1 comment:

KB said...

Beautiful. Touching.