Saturday, May 06, 2006

Friends

One could say there had to be a face that this all leads to. Is this a nightmare that leads one down the gulley road to the foot hounds where the deals are made? Of course not silly, it's just the way it looks on tv. So there is an intuitive being and a numbskull in the mix who are always wondering what there is to say about you. They always wonder what about them you are thinking, They go sentences on about their special milieu but are scare to listen unless couched in their way. It is about learning each of their languages and translating it not only to myself, but to among them all as a society. But this is what I do. It is not what I want to become, it is what I already am. In fact, everything good is a stripping away. I say that, but I don't feel it is quite that easy. You do want to strip away the unnecessary in all the applications you can, be it information or organization or goal setting in personal, business, or the ubiquitous "other" category. You just work it. You show up and direct where there needs direction. I don't know why I am talking about this now. I want to say there is a point and that I merely cannot see it. Long fingernails are no asset. I am suddenly filled with revulsion for words and want no more part of it. "Merely an exercise," I mutter. So what's so funny about four guys sitting in a room smoking pot and talking when the telephone rings and it's one guys girl calling to say she left her keys in his car and the spare that she usually kept under her mat was mysteriously gone and her friend wasn't home who had the extra key, honey, when are you coming to get me? One guy starts in on how this is a relationship test; another points out the manipulation potential and the inaccuracies and absurdities of her position and therefore, while the last, his brother, is rocking back and forth on the floor with his head in his hands. What's so funny about that?

No comments: