Wednesday, June 07, 2006

All Blue and Wavey

I don't normally feel the rain so intensely. It was so hard to rouse myself out of cover and into business mode. Just standing up was not enough to do it. But because I am on this day not living in rain, merely an adjunct, I conceeded to coming down heavier early if what fell was going to wait until long after lunch. Barbeque store-stacked patties washed down with what else, water. But it was going to come down anyway. Like fish we darted in under the eaves, and those among us who regularly pitched a grumble were well chorused. I was silent about high-desert living for once. It thought it had me and I wasn't going to intimate otherwise. I would never be deliberately obscure without hiding something in the back. Not my style now. Got into it hard over that and almost missed the last minute boarding call. They dragged me on board that day. So I waited and could not see how what shines was going to penetrate me and gave in to the drowning for now. That's where I am. See me all blue and wavey? If you look really close, you can see that I have never held my breath so long before. I'm a little surprised.

No comments: