Sunday, January 20, 2008

Raft

I would love to lie right now, about how I can take it.
I would love to have hope with me on my shoulder.
I would love to believe, in this moment, that all I have is exactly what I need.

But they have come, and into my being they desire
My eyes and what I see, my mind and what I think,
My heart and who I love, my hands and what they do.

My raft bobs on the sea and carries me too far out
To be loved by one heart. The fog has taken my view
Of your face from me and your voice is lost in the wind.

And these are yours, which are mine, too. And the words
Trail after the shoulders of time; too complex,
Too complicated. Too much like what you already know.

Alive in me, their wings fold in when I wanted them open.
"Don't cover me! Don't come for me! Let me sleep
In my lover's arms." Their hearts roar with love!

What I felt as my raft is become the next stage,
The one I have been shouting about is come
As a hand on my face, turning it toward the ache.

No comments: