Wednesday, January 23, 2008

That Circus Shine

How often I forget who I am. I get lost
So easily. To step outside for awhile. To
Suddenly see the moon as itself as it
Always is. It's never been my lover or friend.
It's just a light that changes shape from
Bright to gone. It reminds me of when
I first saw the beauty of a face and knew
That I wanted to look and look, knew that
I would fall asleep and wake to absence.

And absence has been my memory alone.
Not as real as the love showing as shadow
On the lawn, so long unseen by design
And hurry and desire. The little crooked
Smile grows deeper in his bed. Not where
I am anymore, nor can return nor would.

How easily I lose the certain glow of change,
It's power forgotten in daylight's intensity.
Step outside for awhile. The quiet is now
And there is no one who will believe
That circus shine is not meant for you and me
Unless we sleep. Unless we sleep, love grows
Beyond whatever we wanted, and around its
Strange adventure of forgetting, goes on.

No comments: